Sunday, November 13, 2011

Talking About Religion

For posts relating with religion, CLICK HERE!

Religion is something that a person believes. Religions with no deity are called, "religious philosophies" while religion with a deity is called theistic religion. Monotheistic religions are religions that believe that there is only one god that created the world, while polytheistic religions are religions with many gods.

So, why do religions argue with each other? Religions conflict with one another because of different beliefs, faith and so on. Do you think it's "bad" to believe in many gods? I really can't understand why most people are debating on religion. I recall when I was writing a descriptive essay about religion (it seems to be more challenging than you think since I have loads of information stored in mind). Abrahamic religions are usually Judaism and Christianity, Hindu religions are Buddhism (although it is an atheist religion) while Islam came from Zoroastrianism (or probably Judaism).

If most people find Islam to be a hostile religion, then why is this so? Is it because their religion is extreme-right? It may be so is because this religion is sexist. Not to offend some of my friends (or people who are acquainted with me) who are Muslim, but what do you think of this? Although I look up to polygamy as alright (for as long as the guy can afford), however, almost every part of a woman's body is/are private in their faith. For regular people, the private parts are only those genitals and a woman's breasts. It's alright to cover the hair, but covering almost entirely of your face means that you are hiding.

I know a Muslim woman who doesn't follow her faith at all, because she found it too choking. I do not find it degrading after all because I believe in gender equality. It would be more ideal for her to convert to Christian faith, but it's better not to be converted. I may be Catholic but I am not really a devotee. What is important is doing good to everyone and doing what is acceptable.

Learning from my own is really the best challenge. Challenging, but I want to learn more about breaking the rules. I may be a law-abiding citizen, but it doesn't mean that I religiously follow all the rules. Sometimes, I hide something when I really don't want it to be exposed, so that's why I started to criticize my former second home.

It's alright if you say bad words, for as long as you don't intend to do it (or simply because you want to express yourself, cuss words or not), but there's a limitation to that. Cussing in public is really degrading, and it doesn't make you a respectable person at all. However, calling someone "bitch" or "whore" as an endearment may be culture-shocking, but let's just face it. It's only for your peers/circle of buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment